VOCATIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING (VET)
- Australia’s Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector is based on a partnership between governments and industry. Industry and employer groups contribute to training policies and priorities and to developing qualifications that deliver skills to the workforce.
VET qualifications are provided by registered training organisations (RTOs) which include government and private institutions. There are approximately 5,000 RTOs in Australia.
- CERTIFICATE & DIPLOMA COURSES
- LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- COMMUNITY SERVICES
- SOCIAL WORK
- HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- If you are a student from overseas on a temporary student visa it is a condition of your visa to maintain adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia. This means you need to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and keep your policy up to date whilst you are in Australia and holding a student visa.
- OSHC assists international students to meet the costs of medical and hospital care they may need while in Australia. OSHC also includes ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals.
EARNINGS & EXPENDITURE
- A student visa allows you to work up to 40 hours per fortnight once your program has commenced and is in session, and unrestricted hours when your program is not in session. Work that is a formal registered part of your course is not included in the limit of 40 hours per fortnight. Furthermore, you can work with different employers with a valid TFN or ABN.
- Applicant might be liable to show financial documents to home affairs while applying for a student visa, depending on the assessment level of their home country and institute enrolled in.
Financials for applicant per year:
- Living – $21,041
- Travel – $2,000
- Tuition Fee – 1 year of your tuition fee or remaining
To add dependents on your student visa an additional amount of $7,362 and $3,152 needs to be shown to support your spouse and child respectively. Dependents will also be liable to show their travel expense.